If you want to attract an honorable lady, be an honorable man.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

More Than Friends

Well, most of you have either caught wind of this on either FB or G+, but I still needed to sit down and type this out and make it all official. :)

I am a Introvert, I am finding. I like being by myself, doing my own thing. I can recharge that way, I can think clearly, and I can enjoy *peace* and *quiet*. You have no idea how much I hate white noise. Ugh.

But with one exception. I like having one other person there.

Just one.



It surprised me when I first found this out - I had always thought of myself as the outgoing type, liking to be around friends, being the life of the party, laughing and gallivanting away with everyone.

I am finding out I was wrong.

I am a bit of a loner, and like to sit at the edge of the crowd, sip a drink quietly, and think about that special one person I would find someday.

I like spending time with one person. Just one. For some reason, if you throw that third person into the group, I cant relate to either person as well.

I have always looked for that *perfect* one. And I don't mean perfect as in flawless, I mean perfect as in that one someone I could tell everything, do everything with, be close to that one someone like I could with nobody else.

I wanted to find that special best friend that does more that just hang out on the weekends with you. 
You grow together. Live simple together. Eat boxed mac-and-cheese because that's all you can afford together. Just sit together.

You get the idea.

Well, I may have just found her.

Most of you already know Lisa Dales - even if by only her blog,

www.musicalcowgirl4christ.blogspot.com

If you do know her, you know how awesome she really is.

Awesome. That was a totally 'guy' word, and I can see all of you girls out there now cringing from the vulgarity. I'm gonna try that again....

Gifted. Passionate. Vibrant. Caring. Tender hearted. The list goes on.

And Awesome. Sorry, it just had to go in there.

I told you Lisa, I couldn't describe you in one word. :)

We grew up together, honestly, if you can call being at her house multiple times nearly every week for the past ten years, growing up together. Our families have done everything under the sun together.

We have boogie-boarded down canals, cliff jumped into lakes, canoed around ponds, moved hay, built fences, chopped down trees, butchered pigs, cooked meals, chased coyotes, grilled burgers, hunted crawdads, spent hours hashing out more points of theology and philosophy than we knew existed, and the list goes on and on and on..... For ten years.








And we have spent all of those times, with a few exceptions here and there, non-stop talking.

If you asked the rest of them, they might say *I* spent the last ten years talking. But hey, there are two sides to every story. :D

Just the other day, we bumped up our friendship to the next notch.

I asked her to allow me to court her with the intention of marrying her....

... and she said yes.




So far we are both very excited to see what the Lord has in store for the both of this in this process, and we would both love your prayers as we go through this.

The journey begins. We're goin' on an adventure.  :)

6 comments:

  1. I don't even know ya'll other than through the blogging world and yet some how I am not surprised about this post and ya'll courting. ;) To say the least, I am very happy for you two and all God has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniffle, blinks rapidly* Photos... I was doing fine till the photos... *sniff*

    As you know, I couldn't be more stoked for you guys. :) You're honestly, two of my favourite people, and I couldn't be happier that God brought this about for you two. Y'all are often in my prayers, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I love you, girl!! :D Thank you so much for praying!!!

      Delete
  4. And then you married her--yayyyyyy! So happy for you both! The wedding gift will be on it's way shortly...:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!
I don't care if you disagree, hate me or love me! Just comment!