If you want to attract an honorable lady, be an honorable man.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gods Curious Creatures and Lots of Them


Job 12:7-9  But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:  Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?


Gods creatures are wonderful and fabulous, and I love hanging out around them. Recently, God  is giving more than my fair of them though! Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I just thought I would mention it to all the other animal fans who would be jealous. :)

Let's start from the top. Experience No.1 - Yes, I'm not kidding, we had a skunk on our back porch. Let me repeat for all those who think I am pulling their leg. We had a skunk on our back porch. Photographic evidence? You got it, coming right up.
The little fella hid behind our brick-pile and would not come out to save his poor furry soul.
He finally emerges and takes a peek around.
Exploring the wide and scary world
There is my evidence.  Evidently he was a spotted skunk, and they are naturally small.  This guy would have fit in my hat without trying.

Experience No. 2 - We had a chicken and duck butchering day. We did 3 ducks and 10 roosters.
Disasembly
The prisoners
Lots of help
Experience No. 3 - I went and roped sheep at my boss's place. The only reason I listed that in here is because I had never roped sheep before, and I had to catch it because it didn't look right. No exciting story or pictures, just roping sheep. :)

Experience No. 4 - Noah and I caught two big fat ole toads in our back pasture. Not really exciting, but fun just the same. :)
The picture doesn't do justice to these fat ole boys.
Experience No. 5 - IT'S BIRD SEASON!!!!  Oh yes, it's bird season, and I'm loving it. I borrowed a SWEET Remington 1100 from a friend of mine, and yesterday we went out with Pastor and three of his boys, Mr. K, Brennan, Dad and Noah. I think the sum total at the end was 53 doves. It was a REALLY good day. I got my limit (10) for the first time ever, and Noah and Brennan got real close with 8 apiece. Here is the final picture with the total tally.  
A good day's work
So yes, God's creatures are wonderful, and I'm sure glad He lets me hang around them and kill them. :)

3 comments:

  1. Those toads are awesome!! Happy extremely, awfully late birthday, by-the-way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a shirt in the most recent fort western that said "A real cowboy loves animals.....with mashed potatoes. I think you need it :0

    we have seen all sorts of wacky critters along the road...armadillos, (sp?) wolves, tons of skunks, deer, raccoons, etc

    Your mom would LOVE it here. Im sitting in the arena with a big sweatshirt on and almost shaking...I think its in the 40s. And 1am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You HAVE had quite the experience with a variety of critters lately!!!

    @ the skunk.... I still think it was somebody's pet :(

    Sounds like you had a good/fun hunting season!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!
I don't care if you disagree, hate me or love me! Just comment!